Bob and Susan are too exhausted to blog, so Daisy is taking over for now.
Saturday
Hi again. Another day at camp PawsTrans, and I’m starting to think they don’t have as many food bowls here as we have at home. Poor Mr. Bob has to carry my chow around in his pocket most of the time and he doles it out a little by little whenever I do something he likes. I have to think of good things to do a lot, and it doesn’t leave much time for messin’ round. I’m glad to help out a little and give him lots of reasons to empty his pockets, but I’m a little hungry most of the time. Sometimes he won’t notice the first time I do something good, and I’ll have to do it better so he’ll take notice. I’m training him good though - when he does give me food he’s really paying attention! Anyway, he seems happy with me when I get stuff right, so it’s worth it - keeps me on my tows.
It’s hiking, hiking, hiking, here. Twice a day we haul our waggin’ behinds over to the soccer fields and playgrounds. I run up the hills and down checking out new smells, drainage grates, flutter-byes, plastic wrappers and the fence line where other dogs live. Mr. Bob loves to let me practice my recalls. When I get there fast, I get a whole handful of chow. Once I took a detoor to watch a lady walking by and didn’t get there in a straight line, and he forgot to give me a treat (humans are so easily distracted)! Now I come right to him to help him remember. If other dogs are around, I still forget, though. Yesterday he taught me to slide down the slide, just the small and middle ones so far - the big one makes me nervous.
When we walk I get to jump in a creek. If I throw myself on the water hard it makes splashy drops I can bite when they’re still in the air - FUN! I took a bath when I got home. That wasn’t so fun, but I was too tired to wiggle much, so I just rested my head on Mr. Bob’s knees while he washed off my east affection. I don’t feel as idjy today - he puts some goop in my ears everyday - that helps too!
I’m a lot more used to it here now, and let me tell you so when you come stay you’ll know… self control pays the rent at Pawsitive Transformations. You can whine and whine all you want, but nobody pays you any mind – might as well save your NRG. If there’s something you need, Miss Susan or Mr. Bob will be round soon enough when you cool your jets. Also, Kayla has a foolishness limit - she told me nicely (twice) to quite jumping on her head when Mr. Bob was untangling our leashes while we walked our short walk. Then she said it hard with a great big “woof n’ snap.” She was polite enough not to hurt me, but it scared me and I yelped and ran off - point taken, Miss Kayla. No more potty accidents since Friday for me. Mr. Bob loves to see me pee and poop in the yard - you’d think I was pooping biscuits, he’s that proud! I sleep good all night long, and I get naps in the daytime. Good Ness knows I need them, as Mr. Bob says. (Who’s Ness?)
Sunday
I got some breakfast and a potty break this morning, then we had to chill a while when Mr. Bob read his peemail on the Pooter. We did our hike at 9AM - I didn’t get my splashy drops on today on because of my bath last night, but I got to practice lots of tricks when we got near the spashy water, so no problem there. (Treat city, THANK you! =-)
This afternoon we went to the dawg park. Funny name cause the people park and the dogs run – gotta ask Miss Susan about that. I went to the little dogs part cause I’m not as big as I’ll get before you know it. For a while I watched the big dogs play in the big dog part. Some of them cane and sniffed me and we wagged tails and I rolled over but I couldn’t play cause of a fence. Then a chew-wow-wow named Remmy came. He rides Harleys (says so on his harness!) and I asked him to play and wrestle and he wouldn’t cause he was only half as big as me even though I was only half as old as him. He got a rekshun and he growled and Miss Susan made me come over to a bench and sit for a while. I splashed in the water fountain (FUN!). Then he sniffed around some and I went and sniffed big dogs at the fence some and we all wagged tails and peed on the fence. Then we went and visited Miss Pam and Mr. Mark and I took a glove and Mr. Bob taught me to trade and we went home and I took a nap. Now I’m finished with dinner and I need another nap.
Things to remember from days 3 and 4
· Chew-wow-wows are nervous and small
· All slides have chicken at the bottom
· Baths aren’t so scary when you’re pooped
· Riding in the car is overwhelping – sit on a back seat lap to feel better
· When all else fails, put your tummy on the ground and get a treat
· Mulch - tastes like it sounds
· Fences and trees smell like pee
No comments:
Post a Comment