Well rub my belly and make my leg shake! Here it is Friday night and I haven’t blogged in days. Please understand, I have my bowl full around here. I’m practicing my tricks a few times every day, hiking, napping, chewing, taking field trips, and meeting guests who come to the house.
Here’s what’s easy…
· Sits and downs – I’m really good at these in practice. Sometimes when I’m excited I’ll go “down” even if the q is for “sit.” Mr. Bob blames me (has says “down is my d-fault.”) I’m doing my best. At least I know to do something close every time.
· Recalls – I LOVE it when Mr. Bob says “come.” Sometimes if nobody’s in the soccer field he’ll unclip my leash and while I sniff where the birds were he’ll get far away before I notice and then I’ll see him and get startled cause he’s WAY ahead of me, and he’ll recall me and I’ll run as hard as I can cause if I get there fast I get a whole handful o’ kibbles. When he recalls me from close by I can still get two or three kibbles for a quick giddy-up. It’s trickier when I’m smelling something impotent. If I keep on smelling the thing then recall he might forget to treat me.
· Leave it – Mr. Bob only asks me to leave it things that aren’t hard to leave it.
· Going down the slide on the playground. I can do it almost without Mr. Bob coaxing me – only a little bit.
Here’s what’s hard…
· Polite walking – My harness is comfy and let’s go already! I did better today cause I was hungry.
· Being crateful - My x-pen and crates are comfy and have my toys, sure. But there’s a ton of stuff I’m not going to get sniffed and chewed around here at this rate.
Miss Kayla is a little less jealous than she was a couple days ago. She let’s me play with her some and I’m remembering not to jump on her face or chew her ears. Her tail wags lower and slower now, and she smiles more.
Mr. Bob won’t let her watch me eat or chew my squeaky toys.
I went to Dr. Melissa’s house-piddle yesterday and met three dogs and got to sit/stay on the scale for a treat (I weigh 30 pounds now!) and met children who petted me and gave me kibbles. (Good girls!)
That the all of it for tonight. More soon -
Daizzzzzzz!
No comments:
Post a Comment