Daisy here again – It’s day 13 of my summer vacation - 5 days left for me here at Camp PawsTrans. Miss Susan and Mr. Bob spent the weekend figuring out my tummy and my bottom. They said I had dialed Rhea (Who’s Rhea? Gotta ask Miss Susan about that.) When I dialed her, it made my tummy cramp and I had an accident overnight. Mr. Bob gave me another bath at 5:30 in the morning and we both felt better about everything. I ate rice and chicken and canned pumpkin and Rhea hung up and didn’t call back, and everyone is glad not to hear anymore from her.
Here’s what Mr. Bob says we’re going to work on this week…
- Stay – We’re going to go long distance, not so long on his clock, hardly any distractions for a while. I just need not to trip people when they’re carrying stuff.
- Leaf it – He’s going to set up a little course with dry treats on our short walk, and make it easy to learn with chicken as my reward for pretending to forgit the dry treats are right there. Odd game, but he’s the teacher, and he’s got the chicken.
- Attention with distractions – Bob says I’m like a squid. I pay good attention, but just not always to him when I’m sup hose 2. He says this is important cause back at my house there are kids who are easy to chase and who don’t speak dog yet and who make it hard for me to understand when mom speaks dog. (She still has a thick accent, tu.)
- Polite greeting with kids – kids are more fun to jump on cause they wiggle and yelp! Plus, they don’t know how to give me a treat – anyone can see they’re shy and need invitations to romp, which is my gift to them.
Here’s what I’m really good at…
- Recalls – gotta be sharp on these cause Mr. Bob likes to run away when I’m not looking, and he’s usually packin’ kibble.
- Trade – I can drop most things right away when Miss Susan or Mr. Bob say to, and then I get chow and then I get the thing back almost always.
- Wait – I can do it with food on the floor, and at the door to the garage, and when we play chase games.
- Fetch – This is really mostly wait and recall and trade, but with a great bouncy ball.
- Sliding at the playground
Won last thought… The Ryders have discovered the very best chew toy of all time – a plastic soda bottle! It’s hard and squishy at the same time, and sometimes it has ice in it, and it makes great skrinshy sounds. And Miss Susan says they’re free! (HA! I don’t think she understands – when I get them they can’t just up and leave if they want, gotta ask her about that, tu!)
No comments:
Post a Comment